Monday, November 9, 2009

Diary of J

The Link: http://diaryofj1.blogspot.com/

Anyone who reads my blog knows: I am not a fan of the Diary Of J. I don't think her writing is that great (in my opinion it sounds like she's trying too hard.), her postings are spotty (she ALWAYS has an excuse for not posting. I understand that bloggers have a life too, and may miss a couple posts, but if your life is THAT hectic? Cut back.), and I think a lot of the "drama" she writes about is not only juvenile, but she brings it on herself. I also don't like the way she talks to her readers, say one negative thing, and she pretty much snaps on you. I also feel like (and have discussed this with other readers) that her blog REALLY sounds like she was a lot younger than she claims. She claims all this stuff was happening in college, but it really sounds high school-ish to me, and from how old she claimed to be in other blogs, she would be of high school age when this was written.

Here's the thing though, again, I feel like the comments on this blog are insane. I'm not a fan of J's, so I don't read her blog. I don't understand WHY people would get on her blog, read it, and then leave the nasty comments they do, ESPECIALLY if they don't like it. If you don't like it, why are you reading it then? I went back to catch up so I could do this review, but otherwise, I tend to stay away. It's not that I think you can't get on there and disagree with something J did (although, prepare to get yelled at if you do!) But to say some of the nasty things people are saying? Especially anonymously. I get it, you could create a fake account and attach whatever sort of name to it you want, but it STILL seems more legit than "anonymous". When someone anonymous says something bad, all I can think is that they must not have thought strongly enough to be willing to attach their name to it, so it must not really mean anything.

Bottom line: I personally don't read this blog, and I don't recommend it. But I have to say, for all you people who don't like it and go over there JUST to leave nasty comments: Get a life.
-Laura



------------------

Diary of J...I am a follower, but it isn't one of my favorite blogs. I too find the writing to be a bit immature, and it definitely sounds younger than college. There is much much much drama in this blog.

J doesn't react the best to negative feedback, but I have to agree with Laura, if you don't like the blog, why go there, read, and comment. Get over it. I don't like to see anyone discouraged from doing something they enjoy. I think J's story is 2 thumbs up for the high school audience, but for older audiences, I think it's 2 thumbs down.

~S~

My thoughts of Dairy of J. First I do commend J for putting her "life" out there like that. That does take guts. 2nd I used to read this blog, and am probably still a follower even though I gave up on it. Too much High School drama, gets old after a while. Like S said if you like high school drama great blog. If you don't then don't read it. Now I do agree with Laura that most of the drama on here is brought on by J herself. She has commented that she does realize this to some extent. But that is her own personal obsticle to tackle. Anyhoo on the comments, yes J can have a "holier than thou" attitude toward her readers. She has made some very negative remarks as if she is so much better than her readers. One she did apologize for. Also there have been very negative remarks made to J on the comments. This is pointless. Why read something you don't like just to make snide remarks about it. I can understand voicing a negative opinion on a particular post, but if you don't like the overall blog, just don't read it. I don't care for it so I don't read it anymore.

Laura B

1 comment:

  1. I hated this blog, She ended it and i saw in the link in another one of the blogs i read that she had posted an update. And she had started a new story... I really actually like this story so far! its not over the top and seems completely different than her diary of J... Would love to know what you Ladies think!

    ReplyDelete