Friday, October 23, 2009

Macyn

The Link: http://macynmcintyre.blogspot.com/?zx=1e20c6d724abd1de
Ok I guess I'll start. We are going to review the new blog Macyn. This blog is updated 5 days a week, so if you like frequent updates this one may be for you. I am really enjoying this blog. The author has stated that she is unsure of her writing skills but I do think her writing is really good, although I am not an English teacher and I don't really think that blogs should be reviewed in such a light as the authors are amateurs and the posts are usually unedited. Back to Macyn. So far only three characters have been introduced, one briefly, but I do like the character descriptions that have been given. I kind picture what each character looks like. The storyline is good, very interesting with a lot of unanswered questions that we can look forward to finding out the answers. In fact the only thing that I can criticise is that the story does seem a bit predictable. And I'm sure the author will prove me wrong on that one. Overall I highly recommend this blog. (Two thumbs up)

Laura B

Alright, here's my opinion on the Macyn blog:

I agree with the fact that it is a little predictable. However, I do realize that it just started, therefore I'm kind of with everyone else, where I'm expecting a twist in things. I also have a personal pet peeve when people don't use contractions when writing. It's not a major thing, just my own little annoyance, and I feel like a lot of times in the Macyn blog, she doesn't use a lot of contractions, which can read in my head a little robotic and fake at times. It's a minor thing, and I think I'm a little nutty for noticing it, lol. Over all, I do like the storyline, and I of course love frequent postings, especially since it seems like most of the blogs I read have cut down on their posting schedules. I can't really comment on how the author treats the readers, mainly because I don't tend to read the comments (it's been a busy couple of weeks, so I read and move on!) So, I don't know if there's been comment beef or not. But, I do think from talking to the author personally that it does seem like she would handle any negative comments well.

Overall, I would say it's a good read. I'm hanging in to see what'll happen next!

6 comments:

  1. I started reading Macyn the other day. And I have to say that I really like it.

    Like Laura B said at the moment it's a bit predictable, but that will probably change soon.

    I've got nothing to add or comment. Keep up the good work ~S~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, it has frequent updates, unlike some. Its really entertaining, maybe predictable, but sometimes that is good when it goes the way you hope it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Review of Macyn:

    First of all I wanted to say, I now love this blog!

    When I first checked it out, the first thing that caught my eye was
    the background, color and pattern was a really nice change. I also
    love the font, it is easy to read and understand. My favorite part of
    these choices was it didn’t take away from the story in any way.

    I do have to admit when I read the caption at the top I thought, “oh
    no another one, about some poor woman who’s life is turned upside
    down” *sigh* I just didn’t know if I’d be able to get into another
    one, all my blogs seem to have the same theme.

    Well the verdict is in, not only is this an amazing story but I feel
    the writer does an amazing job of making it real. The characters have
    feelings, issues and her writing feels very visual without getting
    bogged down in details.

    Lastly I like the way the writer response to those in the comments,
    addressing their concerns and yet doesn’t seem to be overly bothered
    by any criticism. As stated in other blogs, this can be an issue.

    I highly recommend this blog-check it out!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I love the criticism! It's great...I am a huge contraction person, but for some reason, when I type, it's easier to type the words than the contractions. I'll work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well S (i can't seem to make the little swiggly wiggly's) as I said on your blog I take back the predictable comment after your last post. Way to throw a curve ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Review on MACYN -

    I just recently started this blog and love it.

    Again the frequent post are a plus.
    I have not been following the comments but from the few comment threads I read the author responds well to the readers.

    I enjoy the character development and the the little details revealed about the character.... I love how it started off with a curve ball...there have been a few predictable events but overall I always finish my reading experience satisfied and wanting just a bit more. I am excited to see how the character will unfold and how their love will blossom.

    Grammar - no major issues noted.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete